Larimer County Workforce Center (LCWC) Business Services: The Workforce Center’s Business Services Team (BST) offers hiring and training services to employers throughout Larimer County. This form of support can be an important component in creating a favorable climate for businesses of all sizes and types.
To improve the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities through employment and workforce development services.
What are some of the Key Features of the Workforce Center?
- Universality: Everyone shall have access to the Workforce Center.
- Customer Choice: You have a choice of service.
- Outcomes: The Workforce Center will be held accountable based on your feedback.
- Service Integration: The Workforce Center has developed partnerships with various local community organizations in order to provide an array of employment and training services.
Funded Internships: At no charge to employers, the internship program allows businesses to “test drive” a skilled candidate to see if the person is the best fit. LCWC fully funds wages and compensation during the internship period.
- Candidate Skills Assessments: At no charge, LCWC provides access to dozens of skills assessments that allow employers to verify the skills claimed by job candidates.
- Hiring Events: At no charge to employers, LCWC provides meeting space and marketing support for 1-to-1 candidate interviewing for specific jobs.
- Job Fairs: LCWC hosts major events that attract job candidates and employers throughout Larimer County. A Job Fair is held in Estes Park at least once annually.
- Job Postings: Posting a position with LCWC reaches out to a diverse candidate pool of more than 40,000 candidates who use www.connectingcolorado.com in their job searches.
- Labor Market Information: At no charge, LCWC offers a variety of options for accessing economic, workforce, and labor market data to assist you with business and hiring decisions. Data covers competitive wages, industry trends, and demographic and population characteristics.
- On-the-Job Training: LCWC provides wage reimbursement up to 50% for new hires while they are being trained, with ongoing LCWC staff support during the hiring and reimbursement period.
- Elevate Training Services: The Elevate Leadership and Workforce Development Training program offers employers no-cost and low-cost professional development opportunities for managers and supervisors. The training curriculum is offered in three education tracks:
- Communication and Employee Engagement: Teaching and brainstorming best practices in productivity and team motivation. How to maximize employee satisfaction and productively lead today’s dynamic multi-generational workforce.
- Workforce Management: A focus on the basic HR “blocking and tackling.” Conducting meaningful performance reviews, navigating workplace conflict and refining effective recruitment strategies.
- Leadership Development: Personal professional growth opportunities for Larimer County’s leaders and leaders-to-be.