Estes Park Economic Development Corporation
PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: Program Managers, President/CEO
HOURS: 16 hours a week / 60 hours a month
WAGE: $18.00 per hour
Under the direction of the Estes Park EDC President/CEO, performs specialized and responsible clerical and administrative work. Work is varied and unpredictable. Handles administrative details, and works with considerable independence within the scope of established policies and procedures.
An Administrative Assistant functions as the lead assistant and may also be assigned to larger or more complex work projects.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The below list is intended to be illustrative of the responsibilities of the position and not all encompassing. Estes Park EDC may change these duties at any time.
• Handles full range of clerical and administrative details, including research, spreadsheets, data manipulation, preparation of complex documents and database administration.
• Schedules and coordinates meetings and conferences.
• Prepares and maintains records and reports for meetings, notices, agendas, and other matters.
• Maintains office supplies and ensures needs are met.
• Updates documents, organizes content and ensures accuracy of information.
• May attend staff, committee or Board meetings and assist in agenda preparation and prepare minutes of staff and board.
• Performs other related work as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Proficiency in the use of standard desktop productivity software such as word processors, spreadsheets, databases and presentations.
• Thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Considerable knowledge of Estes Park EDC activities.
• Working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting methods as required.
• Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment and to react resourcefully under varying conditions.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality, be tactful and use sound judgment.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, board members, stakeholders, other organizations and the general public.
• Ability to work in direct customer service capacity; make sound judgements and deliver negative information in a constructive manner; resolve disagreements, think quickly, manage sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy and maintain self-control when dealing with customers in stressful situations.
• Ability to perform job duties effectively and meet firm deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Some post-secondary education or training in a related field.
• Minimum two (2) years of clerical, administrative or secretarial experience in a professional office setting.